Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Buddhism: After the Storm

Buddhism
Get the latest headlines from the Buddhism GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
After the Storm
Oct 30th 2012, 16:17

Hurricane Sandy has come and gone. I woke up this morning gratified to find my electricity still works. I checked with my children, who live in Brooklyn, and they were well and high and dry from the floods.

Then I noticed I had no heat or hot water. My cell phone could not find a signal. Eventually I realized most of my apartment building is dark. For some reason, my apartment is a little oasis of lights and working appliances in a desert of electrical dysfunction.

Considering that people have lost their homes to flood and fire, I can't complain. This afternoon President Obama asked people to donate to the American Red Cross, and I think right now that's about as much as most of us can do.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment