Monday, 28 January 2013

Buddhism: Is Second Life Dukkha, Too?

Buddhism
Get the latest headlines from the Buddhism GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Is Second Life Dukkha, Too?
Jan 28th 2013, 15:34

An assistant professor at Kansas State University is researching the spread of Buddhism in virtual reality. As part of this, she is studying the development of Buddhist communities in Second Life.

I confess I have ventured into Second Life only a couple of times. The first time I became frustrated because my avatar persisted in having a rabbit head, and I did not want a rabbit head. A few years later I tried again, and managed to create a nicer avatar who wandered around on an island for awhile.

As fun as that was, somehow I just never got into Second Life. Maybe I'll check it out again, though. Apparently there are temples where avatars can meditate. Does anyone here have any experience with Second Life Buddhism?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment