Friday, 18 November 2011

Buddhism: I Pack Like an Old Lady

Buddhism
Get the latest headlines from the Buddhism GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
I Pack Like an Old Lady
Nov 18th 2011, 08:11

As soon as I've written this I'm leaving for a three-day sesshin. So try to behave yourselves until I get back Sunday evening.

When I say I pack like an old lady -- the young folks, the guys in particular, show up for sesshin with hardly any luggage. They can't bring much more than a change of socks and underwear and a toothbrush.

I pack as if I'm going on a three-month safari. I have extra socks; cushions, heat wraps and other accoutrements for my back; my prescriptions, etc. etc. etc. And then I end up with more stuff than I can carry up the stairs by myself.

Oh, wait, I forgot to pack hand lotion. (sigh)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment